Monday, November 6, 2017

#babyyypandatravel's KOREA TIPS!

Hiiii guys! This post is going to be the final post for my Korea trip post series. I shared about my itinerary, accommodation + Seoul tour, my Korea haul and concert experience on my previous posts! Don't be sad okay, I will share more in the future if I have the chance! For my previous trip, I did share some tips on my last post, you may refer to this post - 1st Korea Trip's tips !



Since this is my 2nd time I went to Korea, I found out some tips that I want to share with you guys. I will mention it 1 by 1 for a better reference. Let's start hehe



1. Money tips
- it's better to change little more money than your planning just in case if you have any emergency
- you may divide your money to avoid overspend  - set an amount (example: food 150,000 won)

2. Accommodation
- I always go with Airbnb because it's convenient and easy
- read the T&C and the reviews before make any booking
- check the location of the stay - is it near to the places you want to go? (example: hongdae and gangnam is quite a distance)

3. Transportation 
- as I mentioned before, I used T-money because it can be used on subway, buses and taxi
- top up an amount first (example: 50,000 won) then top up again if needed
- each time on subway is 1,350 won. *10-40km: add 100won after 5km / Beyond 40km: 100won for every 10km

4. Foods
- their foods are mostly big portion which can be shared 2-3 pax (according to food portion, some might really enough for 1 pax)

5. Shopping
- some shop charge for plastics bag (for 10-20 won) and if you need receipt, ask them for it
- I'm not sure about others shop but for cosmetics,if you spend above 30,000 for tax refund
- ask them for tax refund and show them your passport
- some are instant refund and some you need to get refund at the airport

6. Aiport - tax refund
- if you need get tax refund, go airport slightly earlier because you will need to check in your luggage (which will take you a longer time if there are a lot of people queuing)
- after check in, please find for tax refund counter and give them your passport & receipts. for here, they will scan you passport only
- refund counter will be at 27 gate, 4th floor after the immigration
- you don't need to queue for tax refund except if they are a lot of people (my experience is whenever I go, counters are always empty so I got my refund very fast XD)
- get your refund only find your flight hall ^^


INSTANT REFUND


 AIRPORT REFUND

7. Itinerary
- I mentioned before, do a draft itinerary for reference/avoid rushing (include the line and exit)
- check rest day for shops or places you want to go, also if you want to use bus tour service check their rest day as well

8. WIFI
- I prefer to book pocket wifi in Malaysia
- the price is slightly cheaper, no data limit & can be shared
- I always go with Travel Recommends!!!

9. Language
- mostly they speak Korean but in Seoul, there will be Chinese & English speakers (depends on some shops)
- advised to learn a little of basic Korean language / you may use basic English with them

10. Others
*Korea Tour Apps
-  I used this apps for subway reference only. It didn't have accurate direction on some places so I don't suggest this apps for direction



*Tripod
- for solo traveler or even group travelers, I suggest to bring tripod to take better photo (not that I judging anybody, just that some people take photos that not what you expect to be and some of you might be shy asking for people around to help, right?) I didn't bring mine and I felt a little regret because for this 2nd trip I don't have many good photos T_T


I think that's all for this post! I will update if I have any other tips in the future. Thank you for reading and see you in the next post! Hope you have a pleasant trip :)


FOLLOW ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA FOR DAILY UPDATES! 

Instagram: soniasim28

p/s: all above might be not 100% accurate // above are only my sharing and experiences

2 comments:

  1. such a wonderful blog :)
    kindly visit my blog
    https://itskandme.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete